Tuesday, February 5, 2013 | By: Luna Biru

Why am I nothing like you, mama?


I still remember that moment, when she was still a little young girl.

She asked me, why her face much different to me?

Then I said, because she probably follows her father’s face (which I think is really not!). Or perhaps it also because her face is a combination between me and her father.  The Ancestors face, the environment during pregnancy were also the reason that can affect a child's face. (well, I still remember I was obsessed with Shah Rukh Khan when I was pregnant Abe ... haha​​). After all, it is not necessarily a child will inherit their parents face, right?

She nodded her head slowly showed that she was satisfied with my answer.


Time passed and the question was asked over and over again which will be replied with the same answer each time.

It seems that she never satisfied with my answer or maybe my answer does not meet the justification that she set in her mind.

Today the question is asked again.

Allright. If the 13-year-old girl busy repeating the same question over and over again, Then, there is definitely something wrong that trigger the confusion in hers, right?

What’s you up to, Anis?

Yes, you are a little different. But it is not a negative difference. You are exists with unique and distinctive features that make you different from the others. It doesn’t matter whose face that you are inherited. You should be proud to be able to exist as a unique feature that makes you different from other siblings. My face is not important. You do not have to copy everything from me. Why do you have to pester your life with this matter?

Do you know how grateful I am to have a daughter like you?

Oh right ... I do not understand the teenage soul. I used to cry when people said that I copied Umi's look when I was child. Now she was crying cause not inherit my face!


(Please excuse my grammatical errors)



Noy yet, Anis....Wait....


0 comments:

Post a Comment