Thursday, February 7, 2013 | By: Luna Biru

A day with Jared Abdul Rahman, The Amades

A day with Jared Abdul Rahman was a wonderful experience in my life.

Who is Jared Abdul Rahman? Do you know him? Well, I'm asking you because I don't knew him at all. It's all started when Abang so excited to participate in the International KK Film Festival competition, in which, I was not so keen to join with. Jared and his team, The Amades, is organizing a film workshop where they will guide us until we are able to produce one short film to be compete at the international level.

I don't think that I can compete on the world stage.  I was not even able to compete in the state level. So to dream that far would probably need extra courage. Making movie is out of my ability. 

But then Abang explained that making a film may be beyond my jurisdiction. But, the relationship between movie and me is I can write a good story. Let me convey your stories with my camera, he said. 



Hmm ... That was really a good point to persuade me. It's true that I have always wanted to be a writer. I wanted to be a writer who able to convey a powerful story, summoning any emotion  and able to please readers. I long wanted to wrote a story that would changed the way people think and give something meaningful to their lives. Some people might say that I’m an amazing writer. But then again, I was realize that living as a mother and teacher does not support me to write at all. The dream yet murdering with my passions and overthrown by the responsibilities and end up with a tangled words in my mind. 





The Workshop was held in The Sabah Society Club located in Damai Plaza. There are, may be, 35 of us ( I do not really count them all!). You can classify us into five types; Some are experienced team, some are amateur, the beginner and the whatever. 



Something attracted my attention most was the way the work was given. We divided into our own expertise (as you're can see the tag shown on my chest!). We are given some time to think and then present our ideas as a sale and buy concept.

As a guess, no one interested in buying my idea. Hahaha .... Thank God they knew that I have come together with Abang. So, I can pretend to say that we were already have our own team which is ready to start our movie anytime.



It is quite embarrassing when everyone has their own group member while our group was only me and Abang. Well, I frankly did not really mind it because I also have problem to work with strangers. I'm just embarrassed for not being able to sell the idea that can attract the attention of the public. People are more interested in the idea that are easy to be digest such as  simple comedy and romantic drama. 


And to tell you what, the idea of condemning teachers was the idea that received most well fan. 



A few minutes later, two participants came to join us. One is an experienced editor, name Syl,. The other is a school boy, Koshigan. I do mean by school boy because he is only sixteen. I like Koshigan very much. He is a young intellectual teen who knows what he wants in life. He's too mature for his age. 



There was a guy who was really annoying me during this workshop. He's destroying our academic discussions by using inappropriate language. He said that my idea was too cliche' that can lead to bullshit idea. He was behaving like he was an idealist audience who knows what is good and not to watch. He tried his best to highlight himself. I labelled him as a humbug. I do not mind people criticizing my work but please, mind your language ok!



Coming back to the idea of ​​condemning the teaching profession. 

Those group explained that, most teachers nowadays are only know to produce students into a robot. Students are burdened by the test and syllabus They blamed the teachers for not being able to educate the students with learning variations and focus only on the academic field. The idea was met with several responses which is for sure, not supporting the idea at all. I also stand to provide my arguments. It is true Malaysian's students burdened with academic and test. But that it is not an offense to be borne by the teachers. The teachers also stuck with this burden especially since the MMI program was introduced. Should be noted here, the teachers is only implementing the curriculum that had been made ​​by the academic intellectuals. If there are people to blame, then, blame the education system. 


The workshop ended up at 4.00 pm with a promised to be keep in touch through the virtual world.  

Am I going to defend my ​​bullshit idea or  will I change it?  Will abang be able to achieve his dream? Or  it remains as an another dream that is stored in the drawer?

Or, will my bullshit idea turn into silk?

Wallahuaklam.

Let time decide it all. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment